Learn how to use data to better serve your community in the free webinar series, 12 Months to Better Library Data, featuring curriculum from the Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL) 2023 national event as well as a few new topics. RIPL’s curriculum is based on the steps involved in conducting an evaluation:
- Identify the purpose of your evaluation
- Plan your evaluation
- Collect data
- Analyze data
- Use data – for management, program improvement, strategic planning, and advocacy
During the first quarter of the webinar series, we will focus on the Identify and Plan steps (click on each webinar title to learn more and register):
- Begin With a Strong Foundation: Developing a Data Plan (March 7, 2024, 12:30-2:00 Eastern/9:30-11:00 Pacific)
- Outcomes and Beyond: A 3-Step Approach to Evaluating Program Success (April 16, 2024, 12:00-1:30 Eastern/9:00-10:30 Pacific)
- Introduction to Data Equity (May 13, 2024, 3:00-4:30 Eastern/12:00-1:30 Pacific)
During the second quarter, we will work on collecting and analyzing data. The third quarter will focus on using data for decision-making, program improvement, and advocacy. And, during the fourth quarter, we will consider how to develop a data-informed culture in your library, and will discuss the competing needs of patron privacy vs. using data to guide service design and delivery. More information about the second, third, and fourth quarter webinars will be available soon.
These will NOT be webinars where you listen to a talking head the whole time; instead, please come ready to participate in a variety of interactive learning activities, some of which will occur in small groups in breakout rooms.
These webinars will be recorded, and the recordings will be available within two business days of each session. To receive a link to a particular webinar recording, please register for the webinar.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
This webinar series is made possible by funding from the Mellon Foundation.