The following links offer just a few examples of effective use of data both in and out of libraries.
- Public Libraries in Massachusetts: An Evolving Ecosystem This project of the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners uses data to explore the state of libraries across Massachusetts.
- DIPL Case Study: Using Data to Assess Library Open Hours This case study shows how San Francisco Public Library used data to assess library hours.
- The Purdue Digital Distress Index brings together various data sets to offer a clearer picture of the digital equity in Indiana.
- Pew Research Center is both a useful source of original social research and an example of how data can be communicated to effectively tell a story.
- Mona Chalabi is a journalist and artist whose unconventional data visualizations are popular on social media.